Adapted from Twin Tables Recipe
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line a 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread oats onto the pan lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven and toast for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until combined.
- Once the oats are done, remove them from the oven and immediately add into the liquid mixture and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into the parchment paper lined baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish.
- Cool completely and cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
We ran out of breakfast cereal and we are at the end of our grocery budget for the month. Also, we are at maximum muffin intake capacity. Solution! Granola bars.
Approximate Nutrition Facts:
Serving size: 1/12 of recipe
110 cal, 1 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 50 mg sod, 25 g carb, 1.5 g fib, 2 g pro